Are you a homeless Veteran and in need of immediate or long term services?
At ABRI/Homes for the Brave, our staff will work with you create goals and access services. The objective of our programs is to provide motivated individuals with the support and skills training needed to be gainfully employed, contributing members of their community.
Homes for the Brave Annex
Open-access drop-in center for any Veteran who is experiencing homelessness or housing issues that may lead to homelessness. Programming is tailored to individual need. All Veterans in the Greater Bridgeport area and their families are welcome to utilize any of the programs and services offered at The Annex. Programs include:
- Tony Cinquanta Veterans Service Center
- Training for Success Vocational & Educational Program
- Clinical Program
The Annex is located at One Lafayette Circle, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.
For more information, or to receive services, please call 203-275-0600.
Homes for the Brave, Madaras House, and HFTB West Haven
Homes for the Brave, Madaras House (Female Soldiers: Forgotten Heroes), and HFTB: West Haven are transitional housing programs for male and female Veterans* experiencing homelessness.
To be accepted into our programs, an individual must be:
- Motivated to work with us to establish employment or–for those unable to work–participate in meaningful activity
- Medically stable
- If applicable, must be actively engaged in substance abuse or mental health treatment
- An approach that encourages each person to be in charge of his or her own recovery
- An experienced a staff that assists each individual to make reasoned, balanced, and informed decisions regarding personal goals that lead to independent living in the community
- A functional assessment to identify issues that need to be addressed for each individual to reach their goals
- An assigned Case Manager who coordinates services that enhance the likelihood of success
- A staff that work with each person every step of the way
*Aside from five (5) beds designated for clients of the Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services, residents must have served in the United States military.
Veterans Service Center
The Homes for the Brave Veterans’ Service Center is open to any homeless Veteran. At the Center, a dedicated staff member will meet with you to discuss a variety of services. The Center is located at 655 Park Avenue in Bridgeport and is open for drop-in appointments, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Immediate basic needs assistance
- Referrals to emergency and permanent housing, vocational services and training, entitlements, and supportive services
For more information on referrals to any of our programs, please contact Sarah McDonald at email@example.com or toll free at (855) 249-8394.